Saltar al contenido principal.

Acceso a otros temas

Página de inicio de la Junta de Castilla y León

Sede Electrónica

  • Suscripción
  • Contacto


Acceso a otros temas

Sede Electrónica de Castilla y León

Redes Sociales

  • Twitter
Contenido principal. Saltar al inicio.

Health Card

  • Acceder a los formularios
  • Compartir

Códigos identificadores del procedimiento:

  • IAPA: 3104
  • SIA: 2408259


The healthcare card attests certain details of the cardholder and allows easy access to services under the National Health System.

¿Quién lo puede solicitar?

This is a personal, non-transferable card that each family member must apply for, whatever their age, and regardless of whether they are the cardholder or a beneficiary.

Lugar y Forma de presentación:

  • You should apply for your first Health Card at your local health centre . If you need the card more quickly, you can apply for it at the Gerencia de Atención Primaria
  • If you need a new card due to breakage or loss, or to amend the health card details, you can apply online using the form available on this page.

¿Qué documentos necesito?

In order to process the Health Card, you must submit an application form, together with the DOCUMENTATION required in each case.

A copy of the application form, stamped by a health centre, can be used to access healthcare from the time of application until you receive your actual card.

Generally, the following

  • The applicant’s identity card.
  • Social Security card including the beneficiary sheet.
  • Identity card(s) of the beneficiaries or, if none exist, your Family Record Book.
  • If you come from another Autonomous Community, you must provide the card for that community.

Specific groups:

  • Pensioners: Document issued by the National Social Insurance Institute recognising your status as a pensioner.
  • Other groups entitled to free prescriptions: Document recognising the user as belonging to one of these groups, issued by the corresponding entity (IMSERSO, INSS, etc.).
  • ISFAS, MUGEJU or MUFACE mutual society members who opt to receive healthcare from the Health Service:
  • Mutual society membership card.
  • Card showing the social security membership number.
  • Non-nationals belonging to the European Union: Residence card.
  • Non-EU nationals: Residence permit or, failing that, work permit.
  • Non-nationals under 18 years of age who are not legally resident in Spain: Compulsory data (name and surname, date of birth and sex) must be certified by the government department responsible for the child’s guardianship. If the child is not under guardianship, this information will be obtained from the child's own or family passport or, failing that, from a social services report. If none of these options is possible, a report from the area social worker will be required.

Legislación aplicable:

ROYAL DECREE 183/2004, of 30 January 2004, regulating the individual health card.


Consejería / Centro Directivo:

Información adicional:

You must apply for a NEW CARD in the following cases: breakage or loss, wrong information on the card (name, identification card number, social security number, etc.), change in any membership status, or a change of address.

In general, and with some exceptions, the health card is valid for an unlimited period of time and will be automatically renewed even if it expires 10 years after issue.

You must always show your health card when accessing health services.

When applying for a new card, please hand in your old card to the administrative services at the health centre or send it in by post.

You must carry your health card with you when travelling in Spain.

The Health Card is issued to users free of charge.

Última actualización: 23 de mayo de 2022